This site is designed to comply with the following national and international laws on data protection and privacy of users:
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
The types of personal information or personal data we may collect about you include:
- Your Name
- Your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number
- Your credit card details
- Your demographic information, such as postcode
- Your preferences and / or opinions
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys
- Details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and / or browsing behavior
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable your access and use of our Site, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- To contact and communicate with you
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
- To consider your employment application.
For European Economic Area users
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable European Union laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- we need it to provide you with our services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of our services
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services and to protect our legal rights and interests
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose or we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our services.
We may disclose personal information to:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators.
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities.
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners.
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run.
- Anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred.
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you.
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses.
Please note that we use the following third parties to process your personal information:
• Google Analytics
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside EU.
Where the disclosure of your personal information is subject to GDPR, you acknowledge that there are risks if the third party outside the EEA engages in any act or practice that would contravene the GDPR and where there is no adequacy decision in place with the country outside the EEA or appropriate safeguards in place with the third party
Controllers are defined by the GDPR as natural or legal persons, a public authority, agency or another body to which personal information or personal data has been disclosed, whether via a third party or not, and who determines the purposes and means of processing personal information. We are a controller under the GDPR as we collect, use and store your personal information to enable us to provide you with our goods and/or services.
As a controller, we have certain obligations under the GDPR when collecting, storing and using the personal information of individuals based in the EEA. If you are an individual located in the EEA, your personal data will:
- Be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us.
- Only be collected for the specific purposes we have identified in the ‘collection and use of personal information’ clause above and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes we have identified.
- Be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed.
- Be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information).
- Be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
- Be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We also apply these principles to the way we collect, store and use the personal information, in accordance with the GDPR:
• Data Protection Policies
We have internal policies in place which set out where and how we collect personal information, how it is stored and where it goes after we get it, in order to protect your personal information.
• Right to Ask us to Erase your Personal Information
You may ask us to erase personal information we hold about you.
• Right to Ask us to Restrict Data Processing
You may ask us to limit the processing of your personal information where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is wrong (to give us enough time to verify if the information needs to be changed), or where processing data is unlawful and you request us to restrict the processing of personal information rather than it being erased.
• Notification of Data Breaches
We will comply with the GDPR in respect of any data breach.
Choice and Consent:
Information from Third Parties:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our Site or products and services.
Access and data portability:
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or another easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party (data portability).
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures such as the pseudonymization and encryption of personal information, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Last Update: 20 Aug 2018